To kick off 2013 and fulfill a long-standing resolution, I’m launching my blog about writing and publishing. Through my work in submissions and foreign rights at a U.S. literary agency, I’ve gained some great perspective on the industry and I look forward to sharing advice and insights with you. Read more about me on my bio page.
Here’s what I’ll be writing about:
- Articles on writing craft (characters, plot, setting, back story, the like)
- Publishing news and trends (what agents and editors are looking for, things authors should know before and after publishing, self-publishing news)
- Career advice (how to get an agent, traditional vs. self-publishing, professionalism as an author)
- Interviews with published authors, agents, and editors (because you’d get tired of just hearing from little ol’ me!)
- Book reviews featuring authors from around the world (with a focus on things you can learn and apply to your own writing)
I hope you enjoy this resource and I welcome your comments and ideas.
Happy New Year!